View: 114|Reply: 0

MCACC With Pioneer VSX

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-8-5 21:00:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
I recently purchased a Pioneer VSX-LX101 and got it all hooked up.  As part of the initial setup, I ran MCACC and quickly found out that, for some reason, the receiver would not recognize my sub during the test.  Each speaker in my 5.1 setup made the typical loud white noise sound, and was picked up before the sub also put out the same white noise sound when I believe it should have rumbled instead.  
After trying several different things, I called Pioneer support.  This was my first experience calling them, as I've never owned a Pioneer product before.  Their tech didn't seem to know what he was talking about, as his first response was "Oh, your speakers aren't loud enough.  Go into levels and turn them all up to +2dB to +5dB across the board."  I told him this wasn't the problem at all.  After speaking to some of his peers, he said their best guess was that, because I'm using a custom sub setup, that the signal is being confused and the hardware can't hear it.  
Other things I've tried are resetting and starting MCACC over and tried a different microphone.  I also tried putting the mic directly in front of the sub, and it STILL couldn't pick up the fairly loud, but higher pitched, white noise sound.  
I'm not really sure what to do at this point.  I ran MCACC for the other speakers and then just left the sub at 0 for now.  I'm using an iNuke 3000 that
@Archaea
helped me set up, since I'm not all that familiar.  With my old Onkyo AVR, I didn't have any problem using Audyssey.  Any ideas?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2017-11-23 15:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077344 second(s), 25 queries .