View: 67|Reply: 0

Receiver recommendation for ~$350

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-10-4 13:01:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, first time poster. I didn't see a general recommendation thread like in the TV section, so I hope it's okay to post this.
I bought a Sony XBR-65X900E that will arrive soon. To go with that, I will need a new receiver that can support 4K pass through. Unfortunately I spent a bit more than I was initially going to for the TV, so I only have around ~$350 to spend on a receiver. Max $400 if it's worth it.
I'm coming from a Yamaha RX-V863. I realize that pretty much any receiver in this price range is not going to be anywhere near as good as that one.
I've looked at the Onkyo TX-NR656, the Pioneer VSXLX101, and the Yamaha RX-V481BL among a few others.
I was leaning toward the Onkyo because of all the features, but the reviews and discussions on this forum were all over the place for it, so it seems like a gamble. The Pioneer was recommended to me by the rep at Best Buy (it's on sale right now for $400). I've had Pioneer before and I like it, but I understand it's not quite the same as it used to be. The Yamaha has the least amount of features, like all the certifications and such, but I've come to really trust Yamaha and its build and sound quality. It has all the basics that I need. I wish I could sell off my old receiver to get a better new receiver, but family has laid claim to it already. =P
Would one of those three be preferred over the others? Or perhaps another (Denon?) unit that may work well? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2017-10-18 21:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.162867 second(s), 23 queries .