View: 45|Reply: 0

Not your Usual, Everyday Amp Configuration Question

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-11-4 19:00:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi.  I've been into audio and video for many years but once I joined here I found people have just incredible knowledge on this subject.  In fact, most of you have forgotten more than I ever knew.
So here's what I need help/suggestions on.
1.  I own an Anthem 1120, an 11 channel receiver.  It is currently sitting unused.
2.  I own an Emotiva Gen 3 7 channel amp.
3.  I own a Marantz 8802A.
4.  I recently purchased  two Parasound A23 amps, two channels each.
5.  I recently purchased a Parasound A51, five channels.
So here's my dilemma:
In my living room, where my current setup is (LCR, 2 side surrounds, 2 rear), I am powering those 7 channels with the Emotiva connected to the Marantz.
I am almost finished building my new media room.
My plan was to reinstall the Anthem 1120 in the LR, and use the Emo and the two A23's in my new room which has 4 ceiling speakers in addition to LCR, 2 side and 2 rear surrounds, for an Atmos setup.
(Back to Number 5 above.)
However, since I recently purchased the A51 (taking delivery this Friday), I am confused as to what to use and how.
I could use the A51 to power the LCR and two Rear Surrounds, and the EMO for the side surrounds and 4 ceiling speakers, and leave one channel unused.
I could use the A51 to power the LCR, two rear surrounds, buy an additional A23, and use three A23's for the 11 channels.
I could sell the 1120, buy another Marantz pre-pro for the LR, and continue to use the Emo there.
I think I can use the Emo to power the 1120 with pre out?
No need for me to give any further possibilities.  That's what I'm hoping you kind people will help me with.
(I know people are going to say why did I buy the A51 when I already had the other amps.  Reason is I always wanted one and I found it for a good price used.)
Thank you all in advance for your help.
mark

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2017-11-23 15:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.111862 second(s), 25 queries .