View: 204|Reply: 0

JTR Captivator S1 vs. SVS SB

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-10-4 18:01:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello to all and thanks for your time looking at this post. I had, a while back, been thinking of getting a HSU VTF-15H Mark II to go along with some Klipsch RP speakers. As luck would have it I ended up stumbling into a set of Definitive Technologies Mythos ST-L's for a deal of a lifetime and got them along with a CS-8080 HD center channel speaker. They may not be the best speakers in the world but coming from some Mirage Omni-sats lets just say they are a lot better, quite fantastic actually. So my front is set but I really don't want to get something as big as the HSU I was looking at. I already have on the left side of my entertainment center beside the left Mythos ST-L a Definitive Technologies Supercube Reference. It has served me well but I do have a huge space to fill. My living room is attached to most all the rest of my house. 12 foot ceilings and connected to the kitchen, dining room, hallways to the rest of the house, my office, basically it is all open. The Supercube Reference is no slouch honestly but I know getting another sub in the room will help.
Our listening habits are nothing too excessive unless I am by myself and I will crank it. Movies though I never really push it much past -20 which is pretty loud. Music I will crank it louder but we all know recordings are all at different levels. I have the ST-L's run with just speaker wire and will switch back and forth between running them full range and small at 40 Hz depending on what I am listening to/watching.
The size of these three are really right at about what I want and at the max size wise, I would like to have some decent output a good bit below 20 Hz which I think these will all 3 do (yes I know they will not have the same output down low as a huge ported sub). The price of the SVS and JTR are the same and the PSA is a good bit under. I have not seen this specific question asked.
My receiver is a Yamaha RX-A2010 and I have it set up presently in a 7.1 configuration. I know that either of these may not match perfectly to the SC Reference but I could always eventually relegate the SC to the Bedroom system where it could join my 12" Mirage sub I have in there and replace it with a like model of what ever I choose. Also just as a passing thought I have the SC reference and both of the ST-L's plugged into the same circuit. I wonder if adding another sub will create an issue current wise? I will need to verify the circuit is the same as I have never really had to think about that. The ST-L's each have a 1200 watt amp for the bass driver in them. They will (without the SC Reference) get things in my whole house buzzing and vibrating.
This is not something I will be doing in a month or so, it is several months out from now but these are really the ones I am going to decide between. I have e-mailed Jeff back and forth and have looked at PSA as well and spoken to Tom several times via chat. Do you think the PSA S1801 would be comparable to these two as well?
Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2017-10-18 21:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177084 second(s), 23 queries .