Sub Help and Advice, Thanks!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-7-4 12:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all!
I am a noob (so acronyms I'm not quite up to speed on) to the recent HT audio world. I have had a friend helping me with making a decision on what sub to buy and have been doing what research I can.  He suggested I post on here to get further feedback.  I have also contacted HSU and Rythmik and received great advice and feedback from both.  
The frame of reference on what I'm looking for starts with this, my budget is a $1000 but up to $1500 if its honestly worth the price, preferring to stick to the $1000 and under.
The room is 14W and 24L with an 8ft ceiling, the room is not enclosed and has an opening to a hallway that is about 4ft and to the rear of the room on the right side corner.  The TV is at the front of the room and seating position is to the rear of the room about 4-5ft in front of the back wall.  There is an alcove in the left rear of the room that is 4x2ft so the front door can open. While I'm on the point of the alcove HSU suggested placing a sub there and if I went dual to place the other on the opposite corner, a good idea I think.  
So my listening preference for the HT is HT with very, very little music use.  I like it loud but not ear shattering so basically like a movie theater maybe a little louder, looking for a feel it in the chest sub that is clean sounding otherwise.
I have looked at HSU, Rythmik, PSA, SVS, goldenear, I have breifely looked at JTR and Outlaw  
My considerations are HSU VTH-2 MK5, VTF-3 MK5 HP, VTF-15H MK2
Rythmik LVX12, FVX15, and a curveball L22
PSA 15V, V1500 or waiting on the V1801
SVS PB-2000 or SB13 Ultra that is in the outlet for 1499
My main contenders are the HSU HP and 15H, Rythmik LVX12, PSA 15V, V1500.  I'm not a fan as many are of the shipping charges with HSU but they have a quality product from what I have read.  I'm not opposed to a dual sub setup but would like to avoid it (for now anyway due to cost), I think my room size might dictate I have two though.
I'm open to other brands I have not heard of or know anything about, if you suggest a different brand can you please put a link down.
Thanks greatly for any advice and help eveyone!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2018-12-19 12:18 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052023 second(s), 23 queries , Xcache On.