Need advice on an EDGE EDB12A Subwoofer

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-7-4 12:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hey guys! How are you?
So I'd like to get some advice on an EDGE EDB12A 900W car subwoofer, more specifically, the Gain Control, Bass Level and Frequency controls. I'll post some photos below for you to see. Do note that this car subwoofer is indeed powered by a 650W PC PSU and is used in my home which I connect RCA cables to a splitter and connect the AUX into my PCs 3.5mm jack. The motherboard' onboard soundcard amplifies the sound to my Philips Hi-Fi speakers that are powered by my 1200W Hi-Fi system. (It has a 600W and 800W amplifer inside. Dual amp system) Sounds wonderful. Granted the amps inside the system are two different brands and are different wattage but it works fine nonetheless.
I apologise for the size of the photos, however. Their sizes are of big resolution.
Anyway, my question is, The two photos you see of the side of the amp are what the settings are currently set to..but at those settings I'd like to know if I could increase them for a much more punchier bass presence without it causing a heat issue for the amp. Right now the amp feels acceptably warm 'ish'..but I'd like to know how much I can increase either of the 3 controls for better bass without it overheating the amp or heating it too much.
I am aware that by boosting the bass boost +12dB you are asking the amplifier to work 8 times harder but will this cause a heat problem? Will the amp still be alright?
Thanks!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2018-12-19 11:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054449 second(s), 23 queries , Xcache On.