Looking for ideas on soundbar and surround sound

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-4-11 11:11:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,
I have an existing home theater audio system that is pretty decent. It consists of a Yamaha RX-V773 AV receiver, Klipsch front floorstanding speakers, Paradigm center channel, Klipsch subwoofer and some Infinity rears. Problem is, I moved to a new home and got a new flat panel TV (with crappy internal speakers, as they all seem to have) and I can not easily run wires back to where the rear surround speakers need to be. Now my normal TV listening is difficult unless I really crank the volume and I have no way to use the rear surround speakers.
So, I have two goals:
1. Get a nice soundbar for normal (non-movie) TV viewing/listening experience. Preferably something that just comes on when the TV comes on and where the volume can be controlled by the same DirecTV remote that controls my TV on/off/volume.
2. Find a way to use some wireless rear speakers for surround sound when I watch movies and use the full AV system.
From my research so far, the easy but expensive solution is to ditch everything I have and buy a Bose or Sonos soundbar wireless base, wireless sub, and their rear wireless speakers. All integrated and it would be easy to set up. But it would cost $1700+ and I would totally waste the other nice AV stuff I have.
So, what I'd really like to find is a soundbar and a set of rear wireless speakers. Soundbar could do audio for just plain non-theater TV and rear speakers would come on when the theater stuff is used. Seems like the Bose SoundTouch 300 with their Virtually Invisible 300 wireless speakers might be able to fulfill this stuff. Also seems like a Sonos soundbar with their wireless speakers could do the same. But NOBODY seems to really offer details on hooking things up like this. Everything seems geared towards either using their whole package of stuff by itself or just adding stereo speakers in another room (i.e. not rear surround speakers to a home theater). For the soundbar, I'm fine with it acting as center channel in home theater mode or just being totally silent at those times.
Is this enough info for some suggestions? Is it fruitless to try to integrate some wireless rear speakers with the rest of my stuff?
Thanks,
Rob

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2021-2-25 10:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.040355 second(s), 23 queries .