View: 427|Reply: 3

Soundbar run through receiver

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:23:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
(After several redirections from different forums, hopefully I can get some help here)
Hello,
I was hoping to get some help with an issue I am having. Please feel free to redirect my question to a different forum if I am in the wrong place.
I unfortunately has a less than ideal setup in my living room. I recently moved a larger TV (LG 55") into my family's mail living room. The problem is that I have to use my Klipsch SB120 because of the limited space where my TV is. The TV was on sale at best buy and, at the time, I wasn't concerned with how many inputs or outputs it had as long as there was HDMI and an audio output (in my case it is optical). We don't have cable, but instead just watch TV through my Antennae.
With the single optical output on TV, I use this to connect to my soundbar. Works well, however I have two young children and would like to use my bluetooth adapter to send audio to my wireless Bose headphones. You probably know where I am going with this. I do not have a sound output from the soundbar or from the TV to plug into my bluetooth adapter (nor a stereo headphone jack on the TV).
Without buying an optical splitter, is there a way I can get sound to both the soundbar and bluetooth adapter, if I add a receiver to the mix and run TV sound to it? I have two receivers, one a marantz 1501N and a Yamaha.
Thanks in advance for the help,
John

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:24:23 | Show all posts
Just buy an optical splitter. Powered soundbars aren't meant to run off a receiver. The splitter will be far simpler, more power efficient, cheaper, and less likely to cause problems.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-11 15:25:22 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:25:56 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2021-3-8 08:50 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.043591 second(s), 22 queries .