View: 452|Reply: 6

Pioneer SB23 Sync with Sub Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:23:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just got a Pioneer SB23 Soundbar.  Was pretty impressed with the audio quality and went to go move the sub to a new location to experiment with the placement.  Now the sub and the main bar are not syncing with each other.  I have followed the instructions here:
        You  Tube

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-11 15:24:51 | Show all posts
I have no idea why, but it now synced.  The only thing I did differently was press the subwoofer volume button on the remote while I was doing the pairing and it turned solid.  Makes no sense.  Not even sure why I tried that.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-11 15:25:45 | Show all posts
Now I'm back to a blinking light and nothing I can do will sync the sub to the bar.  This is frustrating.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:26:42 | Show all posts
Did you try move the sub back closer to soundbar? Maybe the distance between the sub and SB and the wireless interference (probably using the same 2.4GHz frequency) are the major contributors to this issue (which seems quite common across the different brands).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-11 15:27:26 | Show all posts
It's not too far away.  It somehow started working again.  One thing I did that seemed to work was to turn on/off the sound bar with the remote.  It seems like it was reconnecting regularly when doing that.
This thing is very finicky.  Lots of reviews out there about the poor reliability, hope I don't regret the purchase down the road.  But it sounds a lot better than the $800 Sony I had before it and only cost me $220...so probably worth it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-5-11 15:28:12 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-5-11 15:28:54 | Show all posts
I was in Best Buy today for something else and decided to go to the sound bar section. I saw and listened to one I hadn't previously considered - ZVOX SB500. Was very impressed by the sound quality from what I heard in the store.  No external sub but does have two 4" subwoofers in the cabinet that seemed to do a decent job on the low end. Wonder if I should do an exchange while I'm still in the return window if this Pioneer is going to be trouble.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2021-3-4 07:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054564 second(s), 22 queries .