CT-ink Audio Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
Return to list New
Author: jallerding

Anyone else tried the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2016-6-9 12:28:00 | Show all posts

Quote:
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-6-9 13:21:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-6-9 13:21:47 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-6-9 13:22:21 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2016-6-9 13:23:13 | Show all posts
Looks like the Nakamichi is still being enhanced via firmware per their site...
Firmware 1.4
Corrected all audio anomalies (eg. static, popping, audio breaking up)
Compatible with Dolby TrueHD content via all inputs
Compatible with Dolby Digital plus (DD+) content via optical and coaxial inputs
Higher audio resolution when played through Bluetooth
Volume on the satellite speakers are increased by 25%.
(Firmware 1.4 includes all previous versions.)
Release date: 10 Nov 2016,   File Size: 2.13mb

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-6-9 13:23:51 | Show all posts
This sounds really great, Naustin!
I have been leaning toward this soundbar as a temp-budget solution to a full on surround system, which I am not quite ready to dive into yet. I have read a lot of reviews on pro review sites and consumer reviews on places like Amazon, and this system appears to have a lot to recommend it, particularly since the firmware updates seem to have alleviated the problems of the sub being too high, even when turned all the way down, as well as low mid-range muddiness and voices not coming through due to lack of clarity.
I haven't bought the TV yet, but I will be buying a 75" 4K (still looking on that, but leaning toward the Sony 850D or preferably the 940D). Since I know the Nakamichi requires 4K.
Anyway, I have about ten different budget sound systems swirling around by head, and I will probably create a thread in this forum to try and clear some of it up, but since there is already a thread specifically for the Nakamichi already, I will ask a few questions here:

Questions:

Nakamichi recommends that you pass all HDMI signals through the soundbar first and then to the TV. This is problematic, AND if true, may be a deal breaker for me. I plan on at least 4 HDMI signals going to the TV, maybe more. But I think you can see once you add a PS4 and XBOne into the mix, those consoles alone will eat up the 2 HDMI inputs. Add to that the complexity of laptop to TV via HDMI, AND the fact that the PS4 is not backward compatible, so I will also need to hook my PS3 into the TV since many of my favorite games are on that platform and not available for PS4. I think it becomes apparent that even the 4 on my TV won't be adequate for long one I start adding things like Cable/Satellite TV, BD, 3D players, and on and on.
1. If using the Nakamichi, will I be required to manually switch out HDMI inputs every time I want to use a different console or device?
2. Will using an HDMI switching box with 5 or 6 HDMI inputs with a remote BEFORE the Nakamichi cause problems like increased input lag for games, lip sync errors, and so on?
3. All TV's with high processing, especially 4K have higher input lag (gaming) and at least the "potential" for lip sync errors for movies and TV. Are there some devices that can go directly to the Television, and not through the Nakamichi sound bar first, without causing problems?
4. I assume the main reason for Nakamichi recommending that everything pass through the soundbar on the way to the TV is because the sound bar HDMI inputs have ARC, and this will mitigate sound processing errors. But relating to question 3, is this necessary with ALL devices being sent to the TV? Or can you send some things through the sound bar and some directly to the TV to conserve HDMI inputs?
Thanks!

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2021-3-4 08:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052709 second(s), 19 queries .