Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-7-8 18:24:00 | Show all posts
Hi all,
Prospective SB4051-C0 owner hereL
I am receiving the 5.1 soundbar. I have had problems with the previous 5.1 soundbar iteration (s4251w-b4) due to the sound delay/fade when sound comes in initially or out (USB broken and cannot update firmware for this). Does the SB4051-C0 have this as well, or is it instantaneous sound once the input channel is switched? If so, is it related to the music volume fluctuation issues (or is that separate in itself)?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:42:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-8 19:42:38 | Show all posts
Evening!
Poking my head out for the first time in ages because I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me out here.  I've been poking at the 4051 frustratingly since receiving it last night, and I'm about to give up and return it.  I'm not sure if it's the bar itself, or what.  I'll try to be brief.
So I've tried hooking up the PS4 and my PC (both via HDMI) to it, neither of which works correctly, but both are screwy in completely different ways.  The PC connection, when it works, joins the back surround channels into one.  The configuration settings show that it seems to be recognizing it as 5.1, but those surround channels are never separate.  The more frustrating issue is when I watch a video, either Youtube, or something using the media player, the sound stops working after I close out a video, and I need to turn the soundbar off, then back on to get it to work again, only to have the sound vanish again once the video ends. If I hook the soundbar up to my TV using the arc port, and my PC to my tv, the output from the TV just comes out in an actually rather nice upmixed surround sounding signal without any sound cutout at all.
The more frustrating of the two is the PS4 though.  I've tried both straight HDMI, AND hooking it up via optical cable, trying out every combination of settings in the sound menu and it's all the same thing.  The problem is it seems to be leaving out a channel somewhere.  When I play games (Rocket League for example) there is no sound from the engine, something with dialog, and there are certain sound effects, and most dialog is missing.  I threw in Avengers, and some character dialog just isn't there at all, while others play through the center channel just fine.
I make sure when I select HDMI out to check the 5.1 box (though I've tried without just in case), I've reset the tv, bar, and PS4 multiple times (what's funny is, when I'm at the login screen for the system, there is full surround coming through all of the speakers with the music, and the moment I've logged the account in, all the music stops coming in through the back channels, and only plays through the bar itself).
I'm sorry if this is a bit messy, I'm not used to asking this kind of question, and I would be very happy to try/answer anything I might have left out that might help.  Thanks for looking at my babbling.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:43:30 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-8 19:44:29 | Show all posts
How well does this soundbar project sound outwards?
As in, would it work decently with a 100-120" projector screen?  I'm worried the sound will be too localized to the middle of the screen.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:45:19 | Show all posts

Quote:

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:46:07 | Show all posts
WRXpilot wrote: In this case, I/we WANT the BD player to do the decoding, because it can handle decoding the HD audio formats like DTS-MA and DD TrueHD, while the Vizio soundbar cannot (it can only decode plain old legacy DTS/DD). The highest quality sound is going to come from feeding multichannel LPCM from the BD player into the soundbar via HDMI. Provided that the player is actually sending multichannel LPCM, and not downmixing it to stereo.

Since in your case you have no visual indicator from the bar telling you DD or DTS is being decoded -- Do your ears notice a difference in sound if you let the bar decode DD/DTS vs letting your BD player do the decoding for the HD audio formats?
Maybe you could try playing an HD audio movie through your XBO optical (you should be able to get the DD/DTS LEDs on bar to light up w/ correct settings) vs playing the same movie on your BR player and seeing if you can tell a difference in the sound quality. No need to switch player and XBO

I am trying to determine if:
a.) there's a difference in sound quality between HD audio PCM via HDMI vs legacy DD/DTS -- specifically on this Vizio SB4051
b.) is the difference noticeable enough for me to move my BR player back to the living room and rearrange stand for the 6th time
c.) is the PS4/3 that I am using for BR playback still plagued by rumors (reality?) it does not output PCM HD audio correctly via HDMI

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:46:52 | Show all posts
I'm getting annoyed with this sound bar. It sounds pretty good but a lot of features don't seem to work like they should :
Bluetooth never seems to stay connected.  I have to re-pair our iPad each time we change inputs.
To try and work around this I bought a Bluetooth receiver.  I plug it into Aux 2 and USB for power.  This works great but the soundbar never seems to give up the input.  If I switch inputs with my Harmony remote to watch TV etc it keeps playing the music.
I have stereo sound from the TV on Aux 1 for cable.  And a Blu-ray player hooked up via the digital connection.  The TV has about 40 ms of lag.  But only for the bluray as the cable audio is passed through the TV. The AV Delay setting on the soundbar seems to be universal rather than per input. So I can't adjust for the bluray player without messing up the cable audio!  And Vizio can't tell me how many milliseconds each notch adjusts for either.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2015-9-8 19:47:36 | Show all posts
I also use my ipad (4th gen) to stream music to bar. I would say 8 out of 10 times they both pair up with each other without me having to do anything. The two times they dont pair, once I arrive at the bluetooth input on bar I press play or forward button on bar remote (one of the two), which I am assuming puts the bar into pairing mode, and they pair right up.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2021-3-8 08:50 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.042585 second(s), 19 queries .