View: 267|Reply: 0

Dtsdig's Curvy Sealed Sub Builds!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2018-7-4 12:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
In March 2013, I officially jumped into this crazy world of DIY speakers and subs by purchasing a pair of SI HT18's, which at the time, were first gen from SI.  This pair was to replace the Polk PSW505 that I had bought the year before.  After tons of reading and hanging out on HTS, I decided to take the plunge.  I've been wanting to document the build here on AVS since HTS doesn't get much traffic these days, so here we go!
Here's my setup before I tore it down in January:

My two curvy cabs have been in use in raw MDF form since the end of 2013 right up until January of this year (2017) when I had to take the boxes out of my livingroom in order to better stage our house for showings since we decided to move.  I figured that while my livingroom setup was going to out of commission until we move into our new place, I might as well finally finish the cabs.  As some of you may know, a lot has changed for me since 2013 and I have really jumped into wood working, buying tools and equipment and building my skills since then.  After much debate, I have decided to turn these subs into up-firing end tables for the new house livingroom system.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2018-12-14 07:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081051 second(s), 23 queries , Xcache On.