View: 442|Reply: 0

Help me choose 4 18 drivers and enclosure

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2018-7-4 12:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am looking to build 4 subs. I am not totally sure if I want to go ported or sealed but am leaning towards ported. Here are my constraints. Money is an object but I'm very flexible with what I can spend. have about $6,500 to spend if I can spend less great. I am trying to fill a large space roughly 10,000 cu ft. Not necessarily fill it but get good response with a decent SPL. I currently own a JTR Orbit Shifter LFU and I have blew it up twice at demo levels.( Getting fixed for the second time as we speak Jeff is awsome.) So obviously I need more output really need multiples to fix some nulls and and bad FR in a inherently horrible room that will need treatment. Worst of all I am in a concrete floor in a basement. I would like to keep the enclosures sizes to a minimum I could swing something of this size not too much bigger and 4 of these are one of my top choices.
Burak's Dual ported SI HST 18 build
I really like the SI HST-18's but my only issue is that they are all about the low-end which is great but from the few threads that I have read and what I have learned that is long throw high excursion driver that is awesome but I have a feeling that the best qualities of that driver would be wasted on my concrete slab large room. Also they lack that mid-bass punch from 50hz and up which I am kind of looking for even though I have Fusion 15's that do that pretty well if they are crossed over to 80hz that is a moot point.
Then comes the kicker if I build sealed subs I can integrate them with my Orbit Shifter LF, ported I would not even attempt it. Building 4 sealed subs would give me that advantage of maybe letting them handle 10-40hz and using my Orbit Shifter LFU from 40-80hz. If I went ported I would most likely sell the Orbit Shifter LFU.
To sum it up is I want 4 subs that can handle all the juice two Speaker Power sp2-8000 can throw at them. I would be gettin two sp2-8000's. I am pretty set on these amps I have seen the numbers and they are impressive.
Any ideas would be great I'm just trying to zero in and get a game plan.
Edit: I should also add that I would like to use a driver that can be used sealed or ported should my HT even end up on a suspended floor and/or smaller room.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2018-12-19 11:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.074954 second(s), 23 queries , Xcache On.