CT-ink Audio Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 173|Reply: 0

Headphones for library use (99 classics??)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-7-4 12:10:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,
I'm looking for a pair of high quality closed over-ear headphones that have sufficient noise isolation to be used in a library environment and are comfortable enough for a full day of use. I have been thinking about getting the Meze 99 Classics, as I have heard great things about them, but haven't been able to find much information on how isolating they are. Ideally I am looking for headphones that will block out the vast majority of library noise (e.g. typing, chatting etc.) preferably even without playing music, and that will not leak noise out of the phones while playing. An alternative pair that has caught my attention is the OPPO PM-3. These would really be stretching my price range, but I have heard they provide excellent isolation, comfort and quality of sound. They would seem to fit my criteria well, however many reviewers have said they sound is 'flat' and 'unexciting' and although I can't claim to be an audiophile given the price I am very nervous about risking disappointment.
In summary: would the Classics fit my requirements? Or would the extra $100 or so be worth it for the PM-3's? Or is there an alternative, offering a similar level of sound quality/comfort with the required noise isolation? I don't have much experience with closed backs, and these  will be my most expensive pair of headphones yet, so any advice is very welcome!
Thanks!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2018-12-19 12:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056993 second(s), 25 queries , Xcache On.