View: 345|Reply: 2

Questions about Vizio SB3851-D0 5.1 Channel Wireless Sound Bar System

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-1 10:01:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I have a Vizio SB3851-D0 5.1 Channel Wireless Sound Bar System and just recently purchased a Sony 65xXBRx900e which is obviously 4K. The sound bar is NOT 4K compatible and I keep reading articles that say I need a 4K sound bar to work with a 4K LED ? Is this true? I'm confused. If I hook up my Vizio sound bar system to my new TV is it going to work ok? I am somewhat of a newbie on the 4K front and would love some clarification on the 4K TV / Non 4K soundbar issue. Please help....

Thank you !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-1 10:27:00 | Show all posts

Depends on how you wire it to your tv, not familiar with capability of the SB3851 if it is HDMI pass thru or not
Option 1
bluray player -- hdmi --> soundbar -- hdmi --> tv
If your soundbar support 4k UHD passthru then this is what you want
Option 2
bluray player -- hdmi --> tv -- optical  --> soundbar
Some of the higher quality audio formats do not support optical and require HDMI
Ideally all your devices will go to the soundbar (acting as an AVR receiver basically) then to the TV
Some people have a bluray, xbox, nvidia shield, cable tv box etc..... and their soundbar only has 1-2 HDMI in ports.... for these people they need to do both option 1 and option 2. Use option 1 for 4k devices and option2 for non-4k devices.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-6-1 13:16:00 | Show all posts

For Vizio soundbar, it supports only 2-ch PCM or DD/DTS 5.1. No HD Audio support regardless how you connect. So, optical or HDMI ARC from TV to soundbar is fine option. This way, you can connect all your 4K source to TV without worry about the soundbar capability (it doesn't support 4k).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-7-5 19:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.126189 second(s), 24 queries .