View: 355|Reply: 3

Sonos Playbar, Sub, Play 1 5.1 vs Vizio SB 3651-E6

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-8 03:08:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just purchased 2 systems and I'm wondering is the Sonos is truly worth the difference in price?
In my Living Room, I have the Sonos Playbar, with Sub and just added 2 Play 1's, to complete the system and make it 5.1 surround.
In my Bedroom, I just picked up the new 2017 Vizio SB 3651-E6.
I must say the Vizio sounds wonderful and was bought under $250, it has true 5.1 surround.
Although the Sonos system sounds great, it's a 5.1 virtual system ( No HDMI ARC )
But cost over $1500??
I'm thinking of returning the Sonos system and getting another Vizio for the Living Room?
Am I missing something , is it worth spending 7 times the price?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-6-8 04:18:00 | Show all posts

The Sonos does have true 5.1 with optical. It can decode Dolby Digital which is available through optical. Some TVs are not capable of sending Dolby digital via optical or ARC but that is not Sonos fault. Usually, if a TV can't send 5.1 it will not be able to send it whether it is ARC or optical and just sends stereo.
Sonos is pricey but it works flawlessly, is easy to set up and operate and integrates nicely into a whole house music system. If you don't need that integration then the vizio could definitely save you a few bucks. I'd set up the Vizio in the living room first to compare because different rooms sound different and then see if it performs to your satisfaction before returning the Sonos.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-8 14:53:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellebob

The Sonos does have true 5.1 with optical. It can decode Dolby Digital which is available through optical. Some TVs are not capable of sending Dolby digital via optical or ARC but that is not Sonos fault. Usually, if a TV can't send 5.1 it will not be able to send it whether it is ARC or optical and just sends stereo.
Sonos is pricey but it works flawlessly, is easy to set up and operate and integrates nicely into a whole house music system. If you don't need that integration then the vizio could definitely save you a few bucks. I'd set up the Vizio in the living room first to compare because different rooms sound different and then see if it performs to your satisfaction before returning the Sonos.

Thanks...anyone else ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-8 17:51:00 | Show all posts

With my limited experience when I still had their top of the line 2016 soundbar, I found their rear speakers to be extremely subpar. And I mean $20 cheap PC speaker-level of subparness.
In comparison, the Play1's would obliterate those tiny Vizio rear speakers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-5-30 11:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.120981 second(s), 22 queries .