View: 383|Reply: 1

ARC Issues with Samsung MS650

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-13 11:55:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Just got the Samsung MS650 and have tried hooking everything up with my LG C6P.
Due to suggestion from another site, I first attempted to connect my XBOX 1 via HDMI to soundbar and my DirecTV receiver to soundbar via optical then soundbar to TV via ARC on HDMI input 2.
I turned on both Xbox and DirecTV and went to the ARC input on soundbar and got nothing. No picture, no sound. Finally went to HDMI on soundbar and up came the Xbox. I have no clue how to access DirecTV by this hookup method.
Next, while watching a regular blurays everything at least seemed to be working fine but after running through the inputs on soundbar when I came back to HDMI I no longer had a picture for Xbox. Only sound. And weirdly, I had the movies popup menu and Xbox home screen. Just no movie. Anybody know what's going on? Anybody have suggestions on how to hookup my players for optimization? I have an Apple TV, DirecTV receiver, Xbox 1, and PS3.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-6-13 20:34:00 | Show all posts

You have about zero chance of this working correctly with ARC and CEC. Don't worry it is not you, ARC/CEC often have problems.  You have more devices than you have inputs. You  really could use two devices or get a sound bar with more HDMI inputs. you can also swap cables if you want.
1. An HDMI switch that has at least 4 inputs and can be controlled by a remote control.
2. A decent universal remote control to operate all your devices easily with one remote.
When you get those, connect all the devices to the HDMI switch. The HDMI out from the switch goes to the sound bar's HDMI input. The sound bar HDMI output goes to the TVs HDMI input. if you want to use the TV apps or tuner use an optical cable from the TV's optical out to the sound bar's optical in. You don't want to use ARC since for ARC to work it has to turn on CEC and that will mess with your universal remote. In fact turn off CEC on all devices and program your remote.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-7-4 00:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.118457 second(s), 24 queries .