Bose soundtouch bar 300 + subwoofer +surround speakers 2 vs Bose Acoustimass 10

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-14 23:51:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,
I have a 16x12 living room. Can Bose soundtouch bar 300 with subwoofer, 2 surround speakers provide the feel of Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V 5.1 surround speaker system with receiver ? Which one is better ?
Both will cost me almost the same price.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-6-15 04:06:00 | Show all posts

There are some tradeoffs between these two. Normally, a sound bar won't compete against a well set up 5.1 system where the speakers can be placed well. The sound bar having surround speakers makes the surround sound a wash. In the front of the room having speakers placed further apart then what's in any sound bar will certainly give a better sound stage across the front without having to resort to the audio trickery sound bars use to create a soundstage, which reduces sound quality. Normally, I would say this alone would make me recommend the speaker system. However, this sound bar has some features the Acoustimass system doesn't. There is no a lot of love for the performance of Bose in the audio world and frankly Bose has earned it, you often hear the saying regarding Bose, "No highs, no lows, must be Bose". With the Acoustimass system this is true.
Well Bose corrected that with this sound bar. They included a tweeter in the sound bar which the Acoustimass speakers don't have, this gives the sound bar better highs. And their subwoofer that goes with the sound bar is an actual subwoofer that can produce decent bass. They don't even call the thing sitting on the floor for the Acoustimass system a subwoofer they refer to it as a bass module because it doesn't have the deep, impactful sound real subwoofers produce. I can't believe I am going to say this! But with Bose correcting the no highs and no lows, I would probably go with the 300 sound bar between these two systems.
However, if you are willing to get out of the Bose brand I would change my recommendation. With Bose you pay a LOT for the name and they have never been known to be a good value for the high price you pay and the sub-par performance you get at that price point. If you take that same budget you can pair a receiver with 'real' speakers that have 4-5" drivers with a tweeter and a much better subwoofer that will out class either of these Bose systems for the same money or LESS. What is unusual for Bose is their 300 sound bar is at least competitive with other sound bars in its price range. The Acoustimass system is not and can be easily be beat by a Dayton system that costs about $200 for a 5.1 speaker system.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-5-30 10:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.183864 second(s), 24 queries .