View: 298|Reply: 0

Marantz receiver plus LG tv: HDMI ARC without HDMI-CEC

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-22 14:01:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a Marantz SR7005 receiver, and I just bought an LG OLED65B7P tv.  All of my non-4K devices (Roku, Xbox One, etc) go into the receiver HDMI inputs, and the receiver HDMI output goes to the TV.  Pretty typical setup.  However, since my receiver is not 4k capable, my 4k device (just a PS4 Pro at this time) goes directly into a different input on the tv, bypassing the receiver.  I then use ARC to get the PS4 sound back to the receiver (along with the TV's built in smart apps).  This works great.
However, I've run into a problem.  From what I can tell, when I enable ARC on the TV, it also enables the full HDMI-CEC control ("Simplink"?).  I can't seem to separate the two.  Also, to enable ARC on the receiver, it simply has an "HDMI Control" option that I enable.  That's it.  So to use ARC, I have to enable full HDMI-CEC on both devices.  The problem I'm having is that once that is all turned on, the TV is not only sending audio to the receiver, but also full control signals, including input switching, and it is setting my receiver input to "TV" no matter what I do.  So if I want to use the Roku or the Xbox, for example, I need to use different inputs on the receiver.  The TV won't allow that, though, and keeps switching the receiver back to the "TV" input.  Even if I then manual change the receiver's input, the tv immediately switches it back to "TV" using the HDMI-CEC controls.  Quite frustrating.
Is there a way on the tv to only pass audio back to the receiver, without the controls?  Or is there a way on this receiver to only accept an audio signal without the other controls?  I've been digging for a bit, but I can't seem to find an answer.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-7-4 01:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.120670 second(s), 25 queries .