CT-ink Audio Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 331|Reply: 0

Sonos Sound bar - mini review (and Big Mistake!)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-22 17:00:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
First, I'd like to say "thank you" to the forum for giving me so much information!  Great stuff.
I've kicked around 5.1 systems for a long time... receivers, subs, speakers, wires, etc, etc... decades of purchases.  
Couple of months ago my tv started going out and I decided to upgrade all the tech in my living room:  TV, HTPC (of course), and wireless speakers (actually running cat5e).
I purchased the Sonos sound bar, sub, and two play1 speakers for my bedroom (and maybe occasional 5.1).  I went with Sonos since they had a special and my credit card company is 5% on all purchases but they were offering 10% on points of the 5% (think it comes out to maybe 6% when you really calculate it, but it sounds like much more).  I was considering going with a cheaper system, but since I wanted something I'd keep for 7 to 8 years, I went upmarket.  
I hooked it all up and I was blown away by the sound.  It sounded much better than anything I've ever owned before.  Music sounds great.  Don't even consider the sound bar without the sonos sub, that is stupid.  The base evens out the sound.  So much better.  
The app is the best thing going.... love it.  
My biggest mistake was testing the 5.1... simply plugging in the speakers and going to the app and saying surround, made perfect surround sound for me.  With all the equipment I had before, nothing ever sounded so  immersive.  Sonos is impressive.  After hearing the 5.1 I decided to keep those speakers out there... ordered two more for the bedroom and one for the bathroom.  Listening to the 5.1 cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth it... have the setup I've always wanted.  
Should you buy into sonos?  There are negatives but this is close to perfect for me.  Some people don't like the app, some don't like the fact it does not have Bluetooth or HDMI.  I don't have an issue with any of that.  I love the app.  Plus, I can run whatever I need from my htpc through the TV.  
I'm in a condo so I'll never push this system anyplace near the max.  What I want is clarity.... that is what I have now.  Great sound.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-8-12 20:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057215 second(s), 25 queries .