Register
View: 339|Reply: 1

Another question (I know, I ask a lot)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-6-23 11:14:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Currently have an Onkyo TX-NR757....I have a 5.2.2 setup. My AVR is 7.2 channel. I have the aperion intimus 4t (2 towers, 2 bookshelf, and a center), they are all rated at 50-150 watts @8ohm, accept for the towers, which are 6ohm. My heights are Yamaha, 110 watts. My AVR has a active out connections for zones as well. My question is can I add 2 more height speakers by simply hooking them in parallel with my current ones? I know it will still only have 2 height channels, but I have 2 rows of seats and would like to have it above both...so A) how would that sound, and B) is my AVR powerful enough to handle that without damage. Sorry for the dumb questions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-6-23 00:27:00 | Show all posts

Is it doable?   Yes.   If the Yamaha speakers are 8-ohm and you plan on adding 2 more of the same, the AVR would see all 4 as 4-ohm speakers.  Is it really necessary?  Not likely, although depends on where the height speakers are located.    In a 5.2.2 setup, the 2 overhead speakers should be about 1' forward of where you are sitting so if you currently have the overhead speakers directly above the 1st row, they're actually in a better position for the 2nd row than for the 1st row.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-8-13 04:26 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.047288 second(s), 24 queries .