CT-ink Audio Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 326|Reply: 2

Does the following cable or adapter exist: single 1/4 mono plug to dual 3.5mm pl

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-26 14:21:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi folks,
I'm new to audio and am setting up a mixer. I'm wanting to isolate and split the mic channel out to two different destinations. I have a single mic into my mixer and want to isolate it, which on my MG10XU means simply increasing the FX send dial on the mic input channel so that I send that signal to the FX send output. The mixer only has two outputs: main mix and this FX send. My main mix is obviously the complete mix that I have setup, and the FX send I want to simply send the mic over.
But, I want that mic output to be split and go to two PCs into their mic inputs. Other mixers can achieve this via alt 3-4 channels or seperate aux / fx outs, but ths MG10XU doesnt support those configs.
So, I was thinking, I could just find some sort of splitter for my 1/4 mono FX send output and split it into two 3.5mm cables for my two PC mic inputs.
I'm having trouble finding these cables or adapters though, so I must be on the wrong track.
Anybody know if these exist? Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-26 17:18:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by betawarz

Hi folks,
I'm new to audio and am setting up a mixer. I'm wanting to isolate and split the mic channel out to two different destinations. I have a single mic into my mixer and want to isolate it, which on my MG10XU means simply increasing the FX send dial on the mic input channel so that I send that signal to the FX send output. The mixer only has two outputs: main mix and this FX send. My main mix is obviously the complete mix that I have setup, and the FX send I want to simply send the mic over.
But, I want that mic output to be split and go to two PCs into their mic inputs. Other mixers can achieve this via alt 3-4 channels or seperate aux / fx outs, but ths MG10XU doesnt support those configs.
So, I was thinking, I could just find some sort of splitter for my 1/4 mono FX send output and split it into two 3.5mm cables for my two PC mic inputs.
I'm having trouble finding these cables or adapters though, so I must be on the wrong track.
Anybody know if these exist? Thanks!

The cable may not be your biggest issue here, but trying to send Line level signal (from your Mixer or FX processor) into a Mic input.  Both signal level and impedance may be the issue.  Make sure you check the specs of your equipment before you decide to match these different types of signals.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-26 20:28:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by viorel

The cable may not be your biggest issue here, but trying to send Line level signal (from your Mixer or FX processor) into a Mic input.  Both signal level and impedance may be the issue.  Make sure you check the specs of your equipment before you decide to match these different types of signals.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now, I've got a single 1/4 TRS to 1/8 TRS coming out of my FX send to my PC's mic input jack. It works fine, as far as I can tell. I'm a newb at audio, but it sounds ok to me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-8-13 05:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.128833 second(s), 22 queries .