Marantz sr5009 red blinking light

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-26 13:58:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All,
I am having an issue with my refurbished Marantz sr5009 that I recently received as a replacement. The receiver powers my outdoor speakers and I control it via Marantz Remote app. It worked fine for about a week when it started to blink red on standby mode. The unit still turns on when I press the power button on the unit and seems to operate properly throughout my usage. However, the blinking red issue reoccurs when I attempt to reuse the item again within the same day (it does not happen every time I turn the unit on via remote app). I already checked the speaker wires and as far as I can tell there is no short in wires. Also, performed a factory reset, which did not resolve the issue. Can you please let me know what else I should do to troubleshoot?
Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-6-26 15:55:00 | Show all posts

Fast blinking red light (2x/sec) = amp failure, powering 4-ohm speakers to loud, speaker wire touching another post
Slow blinking red light (1x/2sec) = ventilation problem
Disconnect the speaker wires from the AVR.  If the AVR still powers off, then amp failure --> return; otherwise, if it doesn't power off, then there may be a short in one of your outdoor speakers so try connecting one at a time to determine which has the short.   Also, what is the speaker wire length and gauge of the wire?
Future SR5009 questions are best served posted in the Owner's thread -->  Marantz SR5009 - SR6009 Non-Atmos Discussion

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-26 19:37:00 | Show all posts

Yes, pleas cut and paste your question in the owners thread JD linked.  All future questions and comments would belong in there
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-8-13 04:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045789 second(s), 24 queries .