[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-28 12:54:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagic

Yes that's right, I can confirm the upcoming Masters M17.2. It's also included in the AM230 MDC Module for the T 758V3 and T 777V3 AVRs.
I'd copy and paste the press release to show what led to my original post, but the point is this is the real story, per Greg Stidsen.

Thanks for the clarification. Hope they do a better job than Arcam with their AVRs...

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-28 13:18:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by markus767

Thanks for the clarification. Hope they do a better job than Arcam with their AVRs...

No problem. They mentioned that 2-channel solutions are of course possible, although nothing is currently in the pipeline.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-6-28 13:34:00 | Show all posts

They claim DL is the most advanced room correction system out there ...maybe so maybe not but w/o knowing the design details of others like ARC from Anthem, Audyssey, Room Perfect, it's just another unproven marketing claim, like many others before from other companies.
Anyone want to make an informed guess which room correction system SOUNDS the best for 2-channel and MCH audio? ARC, Dirac Live, Audyssey, Room Perfect, YPAO?
I'm only familiar with ARC and my D2v processor but really curious about others...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-28 15:24:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana

Their MDC design was a great concept, just a mess when it came to execution as it turned out to be cheaper to buy a new unit than replacing the MDC's with updated versions. That the MDC's ended up being delayed in the region of two years didn't help matters.
I would have loved to update my fully functional NAD T775 to 4k/Atmos/Dirac bit it just isn't worth it now.

Yeah I made the mistake of chasing upgradeability with both Onkyo (Integra Research) and Theta. In the case of Onkyo the pre/pro was essentially orphaned after I believe only a single additional card was offered. In the case of Theta, the updates were so behind the times compared to $200 receiver features (e.g. HDMI vX.X), and so ungodly expensive on top of a steep initial investment, that I soured on the concept.
I instead now use high end external amps combined with a "very good but not necessarily top of the line" receiver as my pre/pro, the latter of which can be swapped out every few years as new features warrant.
#neveragain

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2019-1-18 19:30 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055882 second(s), 21 queries , Xcache On.