View: 349|Reply: 1

Vizio P-series and cable DVR box audio issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-6-28 09:40:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have the Vizio P-65 series display.  I recently have had issues with the audio dropping out when watching anything from the cable DVR box.  I have the cable box, Apple TV, and a blu ray player connected to the Vizio all with HDMI cables, then the Vizio's optical out is connected to a SONOS playbar.  I can view Apple TV and blu ray player content and no sound issues.  I tried switching to a new HDMI cable, I tried switching to a new HDMI port on the Vizio, and I tried switching out the optical cable to a new one, and I had the cable company come out and check the cable DVR box and there were no issues with the signal.  I have made sure all the settings (I think at least) are the same as they were before the problem started.  Any suggestions on what I can do?  Basically you will be watching a show from the cable box, sound will just go out, can't get it to start back unless I switch the Vizio to display the Apple TV or blu ray player and then back to the cable DVR box, also when I change channels on the cable DVR box the sound will go out sometimes when switching channels?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-6-28 11:39:00 | Show all posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdsmith6360

I have the Vizio P-65 series display.  I recently have had issues with the audio dropping out when watching anything from the cable DVR box.  I have the cable box, Apple TV, and a blu ray player connected to the Vizio all with HDMI cables, then the Vizio's optical out is connected to a SONOS playbar.  I can view Apple TV and blu ray player content and no sound issues.  I tried switching to a new HDMI cable, I tried switching to a new HDMI port on the Vizio, and I tried switching out the optical cable to a new one, and I had the cable company come out and check the cable DVR box and there were no issues with the signal.  I have made sure all the settings (I think at least) are the same as they were before the problem started.  Any suggestions on what I can do?  Basically you will be watching a show from the cable box, sound will just go out, can't get it to start back unless I switch the Vizio to display the Apple TV or blu ray player and then back to the cable DVR box, also when I change channels on the cable DVR box the sound will go out sometimes when switching channels?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well for starters it is either a P series issue or a Sonos issue so you should try those Owners threads.  Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please
I have a P65,  make sure you have the Audio Output setting on the P series to bitstream not Auto.  You should set the Cable box audio to digital or bitstream not PCM.
The Sonos board might have some ideas, please specify the Cable company & box for help with its settings (I don't use cable or Sonos).
Edit:  You could also try a Cable company thread re. the DVR.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hdtv-technical/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2020-8-12 20:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.043948 second(s), 24 queries .