View: 111|Reply: 0

Small speakers with Outlaw 5000 amp?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-12-4 20:00:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi!  Long time lurker, and finally have been given a budget to get some gear!
I have a pair of old DCM TF600 towers that I haven't used for years.  I pulled them out recently and decided it was time to replace my 25-year-old receiver with an Outlaw 975 preamp and Outlaw 5000 amp combo.  I've known that they would really benefit from a good sub, so I also purchased an Outlaw Ultra-X12.  Everything should arrive in the next few days.  Can't wait to hear them.
My wife is bummed, though, about the look of the DCM speakers.  She would prefer not to have any tower speakers at all.  So now I'm trying to figure out how much I would have to spend on bookshelf speakers to get anywhere near the quality I'm used to out of the DCMs.
The room I'm putting this in is 21x15x9, so just over 2800 cubic ft.  The room is "semi-open" in that there is not only an entryway, but also a "pass-through," sort of like a 6' x 3' "window" to the kitchen.  
I've already spent $1600 on the preamp, amp and sub, so it would be better if I don't go nuts with my speaker budget.  I hate saying that, as I know it's usually recommended to spend a disproportionate amount of one's audio budget on the speakers.
The Outlaw 975/5000 can support 5.1.  So it would be great if I could get bookshelf fronts, a good center and some surrounds.  It would be ideal if the center were no more than 6" tall because of the TV stand I have, but I could go a little bigger if I absolutely have to.
I like that my system is sort of an "amateur audiophile on a budget" setup.  It would be awesome if I could keep a similar theme going with the speakers (i.e., something surprisingly affordable for the quality.)
Thoughts?  And thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile version|Dark room|CT-ink Inc.  

2017-12-13 13:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.189339 second(s), 23 queries .